Solving building technology problems. Engineering creative opportunities.
Jay H. Crandell, P.E.
Building Science and Engineering Research
Implementing practical and scientific knowledge to solve building problems, improve materials and methods of construction, and advance new building technologies.
Building Codes and Standards Consulting
Advancing building codes and standards for tomorrow’s construction and design technologies.
Education and Technical Writing
Disaster Assessment & Forensic Engineering
Over 30 years of research, engineering, and construction experience.
- Registered Professional Engineer (MD)
- International Code Council, Member
- American Society of Civil Engineers, Member
- Structural Engineering Institute, Charter Member
- American Society of Testing and Materials, Member
- American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air-Conditioning Engineers, Member
- ASCE 7 Committee, Minimum Design Loads & Wind Loads Subcommittee
- ASHRAE 90.1 Committee, Energy Efficiency Standard for Buildings
- ASTM Committees D07-Wood; C16-Insulations; D20-Plastics; E06-Performance of Buildings
- ASCE 32 Committee on Frost-Protected Foundations
- American Wood Council, Wood Design Professional
- Steel Framing Alliance & Cold-Formed Steel Engineers Institute, past Member
- ASCE Special Project on Residential Building Loads, co-author & past secretary
- National Earthquake Hazard Reduction Program, Wood Design Subcommittee (past member)